Purpose of this Study: This study is being conducted to evaluate if the study drug may improve ability to remember, think clearly, and/or solve problems (cognitive skills) when taken with regular antipsychotics.
Design of Study: This is a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. All participants remain on their baseline antipsychotic.
Length of Study: The total study duration for a subject will be approximately 20 weeks.
Qualified Study Participants Will Receive:
- Study-related care and office visits at no cost
- Medication at no cost
- $75.00-$150 per completed office visit; $25 per completed telephone visit
Am I Eligible for the Study?
- Aged 18-50 years old, male or female
- Primary diagnosis is schizophrenia, with no hospitalization within 3 months
- Medically stable with stable residence
- Willing to take an add on medication
- Must identify a support person to act as an informant as needed (this person interacts with patient at least twice weekly)
Note: These are not the only eligibility criteria for this clinical research study, and other criteria may exclude you.
Why Should You Participate?
- Receive the newest and latest treatments in psychiatry.
- Help yourself and others by contributing to medical research.
- Receive study-related care and medication at no cost to you or your insurance provider.
- Financial compensation for participation.
- Remember: every single medication that is currently used for psychiatric care was once studied as part of a clinical trial..
Interested in Participating? If you are interested in joining this study, please click on the “Sign Up” button below to provide your contact information, or call our office at (773) 989-8313 x 2 and leave a message on our screening line. A member of our staff will call you back conduct a short phone screen to determine if you should visit our office for further evaluation.