Purpose of this Study: This study is being conducted to evaluate the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of different doses and durations (one month or two months) of risperidone given by injection as compared to placebo (no active ingredient) for use as a potential maintenance treatment in adults with schizophrenia. This study hopes to determine if the study drug prevents the worsening of the signs and symptoms of schizophrenia
Design of Study: This is a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study.
Length of Study: The total study duration for a subject will be approximately one year with the possibility of continuing on the same medication in a follow-up open-label study.
Qualified Study Participants Will Receive:
- Study-related care and office visits at no cost
- Medication at no cost
- $75.00 per completed office visit; $30 per completed telephone visit
Am I Eligible for the Study?
- Aged 18 – 65 years old
- Diagnosed with schizophrenia
- Has been responsive to an antipsychotic treatment (other than clozapine) in the past year
- Willing to take “add-on” medication
- Medically stable with a stable living residence
Note: These are not the only eligibility criteria for this clinical research study, and other criteria may exclude you.
Why Should You Participate?
- Receive the newest and latest treatments in psychiatry.
- Help yourself and others by contributing to medical research.
- Receive study-related care and medication at no cost to you or your insurance provider.
- Financial compensation for participation.
- Remember: every single medication that is currently used for psychiatric care was once studied as part of a clinical trial.
Interested in Participating? If you are interested in joining this study, please click on the “Sign Up” button below to provide your contact information, or call our office at (773) 989-8313 x 2 and leave a message on our screening line. A member of our staff will call you back conduct a short phone screen to determine if you should visit our office for further evaluation.